Friday, April 16, 2010

INCENTIVES

This has been one of those weeks when I needed a little push to get to my workouts. Maybe it was because my husband didn't get around to giving me the info for the taxes until Monday...yes, 4 days before tax day...and, as I mentioned, I didn't get the job I interviewed for...so I have been stressed and down in the dumps.


So I promised myself that I would take a trip to the nursery if I made it to the gym all week - and I rewarded myself with that on my way home from my morning work out.


I bought 3 tomato plants, some herbs and strawberries. Plus some flowers to add to my various pots around the patio. I also splurged on a couple of decorative items that they had deeply discounted. I love having little surprises peeking out here and there in the form of garden stakes, wind chimes, bird houses, etc.


So - this may not sound like it is about weight loss, but whatever keeps me motivated that isn't food is the number one dieting tool for me!

3 comments:

Waisting Time said...

Sorry you have had a tough week but great job on the exercise:)

michiganme said...

I love to see touches of garden whimsy too - especially when it's unobtrusive and unexpected.

I think the right job will find you!

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm sorry it was a difficult week and hope that this week will be better.

I like the idea of giving yourself incentives!