Friday, April 30, 2010

STARTING TO SHOW


I wondered when I would start to show. No - I am not pregnant. I wondered when my weight loss would show enough for people to notice and comment.


Last night I hosted my book club. My old friend who knows I have been working on my weight came in first and said I was looking good. then another member I have not seen in a few months due to her schedule said "You look different, your skin looks really good. Have you done something?" Interesting! As the evening went on there were comments and compliments from pretty much everyone.


So - it takes 50 pounds for people to notice. Wait 'till they see the next 50 go!

6 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Maybe it takes less for them to notice... but 50 pounds for them to get up the nerve to say anything! What book did you read and did you all like it?

Jen on the Edge said...

50 pounds -- wow! You're doing so well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's really something! I envy your self-discipline and dedication.

I'm currently trying to navigate the vast grey area between obsessing and ignoring. I don't have the energy or fortitude to do anything more than I'm already doing, and though I need to lose weight, I am mostly okay with holding steady (or cycling the same three or four pounds on and off).

You've set a wonderfully inspiring example and I hope to follow your lead soon!

Wenderina said...

Good for you! I can't seem to prioritize eating right and exercising. I have the right food (which too often gets thrown away) and I have the gym membership (which wastes away). You are an inspiration. Don't be like me and let excuses get in your way. Keep going! Be healthy!

Walker said...

I agree with Karen, it's a sensitive topic! Love you Mama.

Round said...

That's about what it took me my first big loss for people to notice...