Monday, May 3, 2010

KNEES IN PAIN AGAIN


I skipped the gym today because my knees are really hurting. I keep trying to use the elliptical machines to vary my work outs and I think I need to give it up. There is something about the mechanics that just does not work for me.


I am fine when I am working out, but later I have been having severe pain just to the inside of my kneecaps. Very bad, not the usual achy kind of pain, sharp pain. So - no more elliptical machine.


I am going to spend more time with the weights. I am feeling the need to firm now that the weather is warmer and I am starting to slim off the layers of fat. So I will do my own circuit training workout with aerobic intervals between the weights.


Now I need to make a new iPod gym mix for that kind of workout...

2 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Ouch! How frustrating.

Jen on the Edge said...

What a bummer about your knees. Have you talked to your doctor about it? I mentioned it to mine last year and, even before I finished my first sentence, she was nodding her head because she knew exactly what it was. I have a cartilage problem and am now taking glucosamine (an OTC supplement) to help rebuild. I'm also supposed to be doing exercises to strengthen my leg muscles so that they support my knees better, but I've been pretty slack about that.