Monday, May 24, 2010

TRUE CONFESSIONS TIME


I have been doing so well and enjoying so many nice comments and compliments that it is amazing that I have to write this post...


But I have fallen off the wagon and I am having trouble climbing back up.
This is something I wrote about a while ago. I am single minded when on plan, I lose weight, get to a level of success, then start adding a little in here and there and then a little more and then, go on a trip and try to "eat normal" and KA-BOOM. I am out of control. I was actually pretty good on the trip, as I mentioned in my previous post.


I was a little surprised by how much volume I was eating, considering how small my meals have been. The last night there I ate an entire sandwich. It was a lot of food. That was a red flag. So when I got home, I found I was HUNGRY. And craving carbs.


I started back on plan, then I went out grocery shopping and stopped in to Noah's for bagels for the family. I ate 2 of them. I can't believe I ate them! There were warm and soft and then just down my throat... Then I quickly put the rest in the freezer. I made a good dinner and a Rhubarb Crisp for dessert, which I knew was dangerous but I made a small amount and with everyone around I knew I wouldn't eat much of it and I didn't.


But next day, alone at home, I poked and picked around the kitchen all day and was completely off plan. I tried to count the calories to get myself focused, and swore that today would be on plan again. So far, not so good, but better than yesterday!


I hope that this confession will be the thing to get me climbing back up on that wagon - and back to the gym, too!

3 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

We all have days like that. Sometimes it's several days in a row. The important thing is that you see the bad habits trying to slide back and that you go back to the plan and do what you need to do.

You've done a great job so far!

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Oh that could be me! Been there, done that. And bagels are just kryptonite to me now:( I rededicated myself this week after I was slipping. You can too:) Three days for me so far. Progress.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is discouraging, but hopefully you can really get back on track. Have you tried journaling how you're feeling when you're so hungry for carbs? I haven't tried it, but everyone recommends it.