Wednesday, May 19, 2010

REPORTING BACK TO DUTY

I keep feeling like I must report back to duty after my few days "off" from my diet regime. When I last posted I mentioned that I had a stressful week but managed to meet my goal. Before we left and I was getting everything ready; the house, the laundry, packing, meal planning, snacks for the plane trip, altering clothes, attending Ally's performances - all the little details. Our dog sitter cancelled and I had to find a new one, then the dog developed a sore on her face and I had to make an appointment with the Vet. So yes, stress. And I went off plan - overate, but still met my goal of losing 2 pounds.


I have not weighed in since I got back last night, I had no specific goal for my trip, just to enjoy myself and to get back onto my plan when I got back...


Day one of the trip was fine, diet wise. I had food from home in my carry on and we had a nice dinner at a Greek restaurant. I tried Limoncello for the first time and enjoyed the dips with pita bread, but not to excess!


Once there, the hotel breakfast had a few options which were not bad, like eggs and fruit. Lunches and dinners I did pretty well, too. No really big bad splurges. I tried some of the good bread at lunch one day (no butter.) I shared dessert twice, had a couple of nice salads and an amazing Salmon BLT sandwich on this wonderfully crunchy wheat bread. I had a very nice martini and a couple of glasses of champagne.

The trip home was a different story. Even though we got to the airport at 5:30 for a 7:10 am flight, the security line was so long (shame on you Philly airport!) we didn't have the time we expected we would for breakfast. They were actually boarding our flight when we got there. I grabbed pre-wrapped scones from a vendor and hoped that we would have time during our change of planes 4 hours later to do better...


In Salt Lake City we only had about 20 minutes instead of the hour we were scheduled to have and the choices were pretty slim (and dim). I ended up with a California Pizza Kitchen Margarita Pizza. It tasted great and really made me feel guilty until I found the calorie count online and it wasn't as bad as I expected. It was actually about equal to a salad I looked at and rejected because it had red peppers in it (I can't eat peppers.)
So, my trip was carb heavier than I have been eating and this morning I was feeling it. I was craving carbs. So I will have to go through carb detox again. Sigh. Tomorrow I will weigh in.

No comments: