Friday, May 28, 2010

HEALTHY SHOPPING AT COSTCO


I am still not 100% back on plan, but I am getting there. This weekend should be the turning point. I went to Costco this moring and found the most beautiful asparagus and some raspberries for the amazing price of $2.99!

I bought 2 rotisserie chickens which I will break down and freeze for salads. A big container of spinach, a big bag of celery hearts and another big bag of romaine. I got 3 bags of frozen chicken breasts and I am thawing and marinating one bag which I will grill and freeze, so they will be at the ready for salads and other quick meals. I cut up some sirloin steaks into cubes and bagged them up and put them in the freezer. They are ready for marinade and then skewering for the grill.

So, I feel very prepared and excited about some nice meals for the coming weeks. The weather is suppposed to improve and I look forward to some time working in the yard, riding my bike and working on a new mosaic.

Those 5 pounds I gained will soon be gone and I'll be taking off more from there.

3 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I wonder if my store has that same price! I want some:) I have been buying their green beans (in the fridge section) for a long time now and they are pretty good. And the colored peppers. We love Costco.

Tami said...

I was at Costco today and bought some of the same things as you.

You got a lot of prep done and it sounds like you are all ready for an awesome week.

Those pounds will be gone in no time!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Chicken, asparagus & raspberries are 3 of my favorites! Sounds like you have things under great control -- good job!