Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SPRING THING UPDATE


So I sign on for this Spring Focus thing thinking - no problem. I am sooo on track. This will just be a fun, meet other bloggers, support kinda thing. Then I got back from Philly and just came to a halt on my progress. Then it became a backslide.




Now, it's not like losing weight just for that trip was ever in my mind. I have always had bigger and longer term goals. The trip was a break from the plan, though, and getting back on plan has proven to be much more difficult than I ever expected.




In the spirit of looking at what emotions are going on around this, I admit that there are many things that were tied in to this period of time. Having lost over 50 pounds, buying some new clothes and making a sort of "appearance" in front of family and others who have not seen me in some time - there were high spirits tied to the trip which are sure to be let down when it is over. You come home, back into routine and day to day clothes and there is not that pay off of extra attention.




Also within a few days of coming home, I was entertaining company. I did reign in my desire to make fabulous dessert and breakfast goodies, but I was still not jumping back to my plan. Plus I was drinking wine. I need to find a way to stop feeling "left out" if I am not eating the same way everyone else is.




I also came home to continue a very long and frustrating job search. Which is part of what put some of the weight on me in the last year...




So I have been thinking of some alternatives to getting a job. Maybe some self-employment opportunities. I need to get more aspects of my life in order. Perhaps the difficulty with getting back on plan has to do with making more changes in my life than just my diet.

5 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I lost weight for many trips in my yo-yo years, only to backslide as well when I returned. Maybe you are onto something and it is bigger than just a diet. Or maybe not. I know for myself I have not answered that question yet.

Tami said...

Losing for an event never seems to work for me long term. Don't let weeks turn into months that turn into years.

Just take the first step and get started today!

Tami said...

I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Losing weight for a trip or an event has never worked out for me in the long run. I always end up gaining back the weight.

I thought I post on here yesterday but I must have hit a wrong button as my post isn't here! Strange!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I do think that being a good cook and hostess makes it hard to lose weight--I am working hard on developing healthier recipes and limiting my quantity.

I can't drink because of the medication I'm on and I think it has been a blessing. I really do not miss it at all--it's an eye-opener.

round said...

I agree that there might be a link between struggling w your diet & struggling w your career options.

It's hard to put weight in context if the overall context of your life is somewhat undetermined right now

sounds like a period w a lot of changes - scary, but also exciting!