Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MY KIND OF SUMMER LOVE


One of the goals I have for this month is the switch from my packaged "diet" foods over to real food but keeping my calorie counts about the same. The ease of the packaged foods and the one "lean and green" meal was a great way to get things started and I have been happy with the quick weight loss.


Now that the wonderful summer fruits are out I knew I would not be able to keep away from them and it is time to "get real." It requires much more effort to plan my meals and to count my calories. My daily food logs went from a consistent 6-8 items to 12 and 15 even 20! All depending on how many ingredients go into what I am making. I am going to streamline some of my regular meals and enter them as "favorites" to make it quicker!


The good news is that I have been managing to maintain the calorie counts in the 1200 to 1400 range which was my goal. My weight loss will likely slow down, and that is ok. I was losing 12-15 pounds a month which is great but unrealistic for the long run.


Besides, today I had blueberries and a pluot and I have apricots and nectarines almost ripe and ready to eat...that's worth a little slow down on the weight loss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of you streamlining your meals for counting & ease of tracking

And yeah, summer fruits in summer are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Yum summer fruits!

I like the idea of the pre-planned "meals" to make the tracking easier

shrink on the couch said...

I have been eating apricots off of a friend-of-a-friend's tree. They are so GOOD. Sweet with no tart. My kinda fruit.