Monday, June 14, 2010

MEET MY NEW FRIEND

I spent the last week with ice packs and Advil and feeling sorry for myself and then I just decided to try something new. I am really happy with this new friend I met at the gym:

The rowing machine (not the model on it)! I was not sure that it would work with the knee issues, but the Internet research indicated it would so I gave it a go and I loved it. It is a really good workout (duh) and easier to figure out than I expected (not as uncoordinated as I thought) and it did not hurt while I was on or after.

The bonus was that I asked one of the trainers to just check out my form to make sure I was doing it right and she offered to give me 2 free training sessions! So I am scheduled for Sunday.

I am feeling so much better about things this week. Hurray.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Ooh! I'm jealous! I would love to add rowing to my workout. Or I think I would, anyway. (I try not to let lack of experience inhibit me. *G*)

I can't wait to read your post-training report!

Anonymous said...

It's great when you find new things to get excited about at the gym! And the training sessions sound like great motivation too!