Thursday, June 3, 2010

CARROT ON A STICK


I am down four of the five pounds that I gained since mid-May. I am back to the gym on a regular basis, but with less enthusiasm, mostly because my knees are hurting. I am enjoying the summer fruits starting to come into the market and just generally I find it is easier to eat lighter meals when the weather is warmer.



So why do I feel so blah about things? Could it be because I need a little more motivation than just doing fine? Do I need the proverbial carrot dangling in front of my nose? I think so. I am going to make a list of upcoming events to aim some goals for:


* Late June - Family BBQ - Lose 1 remaining backslider pound plus 6 more.


* Late August - Back to School Time - Lose additional 25 pounds.


* October - Old Friend Visiting - Lose additional 25 pounds.


So those are my carrots - mostly to do with my appearance in front of people who I have not seen in a while. I suppose it would appear I am losing weight for other people...but really I am just looking forward to shopping for nice new clothes for when I see people!

4 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Summer fruit - yum:)

Tami said...

You have to do what ever is going to motivate you!

I have been eating so many fresh strawberries, love them!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I love summer fruits, too! (I'm enjoying my first cantaloupe now. :))

Having something to work *toward* is always a good idea. Even if you don't achieve a specific number, it keeps the momentum going during the trying times.

Round said...

goals are good, but personally I find time-based goals are too frustrating - I rarely lose consistently at a decent rate, whereas I can commit to staying on program for X number of weeks - scale as it may...