Friday, May 7, 2010

GOOD VISIT WITH THE DOC


We are members of Kaiser, which means we get assigned a doctor. (I have been through 4 OB/GYNs!!) This is my second general doc. She is okay. She is usually very hurried and not too interested in discussing more than 1 or 2 issues per visit. So I asked about the skin thing that has been bothering me and then rushed into the knee pain before she could dash out the door.

Since she could see that my blood pressure was down to normal range and my weight was down by a lot, she did slow down to review things and discuss what I have been up to.

So the knee pain is your basic Patello-Femoral Syndrome. The same thing my family all seem to suffer from. We each seem to have our own varied triggers and pain. As I have mentioned before, ultimately, we end up with knee replacements. So I will continue with the Advil and be careful of my mechanics and rest more when my knees are protesting.

The weight is coming off just fine, so I can't complain about it. I want t be able to walk around easily when I am visiting in Philadelphia, so I am not going to do anything to jeopardise that!

No comments: