Monday, April 12, 2010

WE MADE IT HOME!


We survived our long, long trip - over 1200 miles and 3 colleges. I survived the mix CDs that my daughter made, she even listen to my music for an hour or two. We mostly has sunny weather, though it was cold. And coming over Grants Pass Oregon we even drove through snow! Big fat, wet flakes that melted right away and caused us no difficulties but we pretty to see.


As far as the dieting went, day one I stayed completely on plan. My daughter wanted to get "road snacks" and admitted that she wanted junk food. It wouldn't bother me in terms of my diet, but since she wants to drop a few pounds to fit into her prom dress (which we bought even though it is tight around her waist) I thought she wanted to make some better choices.


So, of course, it became a "you won't let me have what I want" and I am saying "I thought you wanted to be healthy" and pout, pout. Then later she also admits that she doesn't want to eat meals in restaurants if I am not eating. So I thought about it and decided to lighten up on the plan for the rest of the trip. We had "continental breakfasts" in the motels, so I took my meals with me and ate with her without embarrassment and ate lunch and dinner in restaurants with her. I had my Alli capsules and made careful choices.


My big splurge was for some sugar free marionberry pie as I was told it was made on premises. Turns out they may have baked it there, but it did not contain a recognisable berry. I ate around the crust. The taste of the berries was good, but hardly worth a "cheat." Oh, well.


Bottom line - with all the walking on the campus tours and one day in a gym and careful choices - I lost 3 pounds. My daughter is not mad at me and this week she has buckled down to get into that prom dress!

1 comment:

WaistingTime said...

Well the bottom-line is a great one! Did your daughter like the schools she saw?