Friday, September 3, 2010

GETTING UP TO SPEED

  I still have a cough and some nasal congestion so I am slowly getting back up to speed at the gym.  (And I am wiping the equipment down after I am done so I don't pass it on!)  I was happy to see that I still lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks since I weighed in.

I have not written a lot about my unemployment and job search woes on this side of my blog - but I did finally get a job!  It comes after I decided I was unemployable and started working on a new business with my sister...but I applied for it because it was a weekends only position  working for an animal emergency clinic and I thought I could do both.  Now it turns  out that they want more hours on the new job, but it is night time hours plus the weekends which would make me a full time employee.  My husband is thrilled because it means I can bring home the benefit package (he is self-employed.) 

So this is going to add many new elements for me to deal with.  I will not be home to make dinner some nights.  I will be away from home for some of my meal times.  I will be working late into the night some nights.  I will be sleeping through my usual workout times on some days.  My schedule is going to vary wildly  - where now I am very steady about when I go to bed and get up.  So this will be an interesting set of adjustments.  The good thing is that my scheduled work days will be limited to Saturday-Sunday-Monday.  The rest of the week will depend on what is happening with the business with my sister and will be flexible.

Interesting times to come!!

6 comments:

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

Sounds like your world is going to be different from here on out. I think you have a positive outlook and that makes a huge difference in how things go!

Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog.

Wishing you well!

Karen said...

Congrats on the job. Benefits - yahoo! I sooo miss having a company medical insurance plan:(

You are going to be very busy, it sounds like.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My advice would be to make one day your chopping/pre-cooking day. I dedicated Sunday afternoons to this last spring when I worked full time and it enabled me to be losing weight and eating healthily even while tremendously busy.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on the new job! It looks like something I would enjoy doing.

I don't like cooking and my schedule varies, so I do batch cooking/prep. Tomorrow I'll make enough turkey taco filling and Mexican chicken fixin's to last for about 8-10 meals. I can keep it in the freezer and defrost as needed. I'll also prep enough fresh veggies so that I can assemble a salad on demand. Sadly, the "need" to grab something quick (at Burger King) is completely without justification. :)

Wishing you quick success with adjusting to your new schedule.

Jen on the Edge said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you!

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh, and I agree with Jenn's advice.