Thursday, October 14, 2010

SOME POSITIVE RESULTS


A woman can dream...
 I have been noticing some little differences in my life that I must add up and say are a nice list of positives from my weight loss so far.  I tend to see how far I need to go and lately I have had the opportunity to notice how far I have come.

I no longer have to worry if I am going to fit into a booth when we go out.  For a while I asked for a table because, if I could even slide into the booth the table was usually pressing into me.

When I took my daughter to the doctor, I noticed that the arms of the chair no longer touch my hips when I sit down.  There was a time that I shimmied in and out of those chairs or sat on the edge so I wouldn't be wedged in.

I am now ordering 1X size tops.  That means I got 6 new tops on clearance for between $6.-10.00 each.  In the past my size was rarely available on clearance.  Even better, this puts me really close to shopping in the regular sized stores.

When we were on our trip and had to climb up the hill from the beach to the bluffs, I didn't have to stop to rest or catch my breath. 

The towels at the gym almost cover me when I wrap them around me coming out of the shower. I admit that the first time I noticed this I thought they must have gotten bigger towels!  Then it dawned on me that I am actually getting smaller...

Sothere are some of the little positives in my life - how about yours?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Those are great NSVs!!!! When I am on track, I feel better both physically and emotionally.

Jen on the Edge said...

Oooooh, those are some really great things! Congrats!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That's fantastic.

I am happy to be in large top--not even XL. It feels fantastic. I may even make it to a medium one of these days.

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

Of all the NSVs I've lived through, the towel one is one that really felt great - and still does