Monday, November 22, 2010

MY HOLIDAY PLEDGE

Sarah over at Low Stress Weight Loss is hosting another "No Gain Holidays Pledge Group" for this holiday season and I have joined up!  She and I are both hoping to not only not gain - but to lose during the next 7 weeks of merry making. 

My Goals

1.)  I have already determined that I am going to minimize my usual Christmas cookie baking frenzy.  I am going to make some biscotti to give as gifts and make only a couple of single recipes for my family at home.  (When I am being honest - my daughter and I are the ones who eat most of the cookies and the ones who need them the least!  No gingerbread this year...)

2.)  I am going to forgo treats at events I attend.  So far that will be a work party and my family gatherings and they understand and support my efforts.  My allowed treat will be the cocktails I will drink with my family.  Usually champagne!

3.)  I will increase my gym attendance and start taking some classes.

The info is on Sarah's blog.  Basic rules :


No Gain Holidays is a commitment to yourself to hold the line on your weight from before Thanksgiving until after New Year’s Eve.


Runs 7 weeks (November 22nd – January 3rd)


You can join anytime


This is self-reported : you can post your weight or your weight loss or keep it totally to yourself. Your pants will know even if we don’t.


Join by linking up your blog (or leave a comment) on Sarah's blog!

Come on - join up we will feel so good in January when everyone else is trying to get the holiday weight off and we are ahead of the game!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My commitment is to gain 2 lbs. this week, lose it over the next couple of weeks and then ditto for Christmas. I don't mind going up and down over the next few weeks, but I'd like to be the same at the end.

It's the drinking that will do me in. I've been celebrating too much lately.

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

Hi Susan - glad to see you joining this (totally do-able) challenge!

I like your holiday baking plans (the reduced baking plan)

Do you have a good biscotti recipe to share? I only bake stuff I can resist & I can resist biscotti but am always looking for new twists on it

My preferred cocktail is champagne too. I used to often order tomato juice instead of champagne at events but my former diet doctor pointed out that the calories are about the same so she said to have whichever one I preferred - I've never felt guilty about champagne since!

Karen said...

Oh... gingerbread:(

Anonymous said...

Simple and sweet. I’m thinking of starting another blog or five pretty soon, and I’ll definitely consider this theme. Keep ‘em coming!.