Friday, November 12, 2010

STALKED BY SPARK PEOPLE

I really like the convenience of online food journals.  I started a long time ago using one that charged per month.  It is still the one I like the best, but I have gotten to the point that I don't want to spend my limited resources on that when there are free options.

Unfortunately, you get what  you pay for.  All of the sites I have tried have downsides.  I was using Fitday for quite some time but suddenly it won't let me log on and won't send me an e-mail so I gave up even though it is full of my personal data.

The latest one I am trying is SparkPeople because I saw that a favorite blogger, Cammy, uses it.  But geez Louise!  In four days I have gotten , and I counted them up, 15 e-mails from them.  I have gone back in and readjusted some of the preferences that I missed the first time in, so it should get better.

Also, it is hard to find the content through all the ads.  I am sure my eyes will adjust to that, too.  When I have a month worth of entries I will evaluate the site and see if I like it.  At this moment, I am thinking that paying the $9.00 a month for myfooddiary.com isn't so bad!

Anyone else using online journaling?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've been tracking my weight and exercise on fitday for ages. Sometimes I track what I eat.

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm using Weight Watchers and am happy with it. No ads and almost no emails. Of course, I'm paying for a membership...

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm glad you're trying sparkpeople. I had forgotten about all the emails! When I recommend it in the future, I need to add a note about adjusting your email preferences.

I haven't tried any of the other online food diaries, but lots of folks are having success using them. You'll find the best fit for you!