Monday, December 6, 2010

MARCHING TOWARD THE HOLIDAYS

I am finally finished with my training on my new job, so my weekdays are again my own.  I got over to the storage unit and lugged all our holiday decorations home and today I started putting things up (and cleaning while I went.)  No excuses, but I skipped the gym knowing that I would get my exercise going up and down the stepladder, hauling boxes around and moving furniture. 


TheTippyToeDietMy weigh in at the gym on Sunday shows I am remaining steady at my 2 pounds a week weight loss.  The next two weeks will be critical because I am going to do some baking.  As I mentioned before, I am going to be making some biscotti to send to friends.  I am also going to share that recipe on Cammy's Potluck.  It is such a cute idea - we all share our recipes in a post on our own site which is linked in to her potluck page!

My recipe is not a low cal recipe - it is very rich and yummy:  Macadamia Nut Biscotti made with lots of butter and Myers rum.  I found macadamia nuts at Trader Joe's so I am ready to bake - photos and recipe soon.  Wish me massive amounts of willpower to get through this!!

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

2 lbs. a week is really great. Even if you don't keep it up at that level for the next 3 weeks, you'll be fine as long as you don't completely give up. You're success is impressive!

Karen said...

I love biscotti! How about mandel bread? Is that something you grew up with like I did?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Did someone say 'biscotti'? :)

I'm looking forward to your recipe! My eyes can taste it already.

Two pounds a week is FANTASTIC!