Sunday, August 1, 2010

WILL VANITY BE THE NEW MOTVATION?

I have long said that I am over vanity.  Those days are past me now.  But perhaps that is not true.  I find that I am not willing to post a picture of myself on my blog - and it has little to do with maintaining anonymity.  Now that my sister and I are starting a business, we are deciding if we will put our pictures on our website and business cards.  Skinny and younger, she said no.  Thank goodness.

But really, I need to get to the point that I am will to be photographed and published.  The photo I put on Facebook is about 8 years old and  not that great to begin with.  I have never been that photogenic - my eyes go squinchy when I smile and now that I am older that just means the wrinkles are really pronounced.

HOWEVER - I have decided that by the end of August I will post a picture of myself on my blog.  I hope that the waddle under my chin which replaced the double chin I used to have will be reduced by then...but even if it is still there, I will post it!

8 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm a scrunch-eyed smiler too! (Maybe we're related?) I also am camera-averse, but I'm working on it. I took advantage of a deal offered by a local photography studio and am going to take the plunge in September. I think. :)

What's a little waddle between friends? We're here for who you are, not what you look like!

Karen@WaistingTime said...

You are brave! And I am looking forward to "seeing" you. I have sort of decided that I will celebrate my blog anniversary, still months off, with a photo.

Jen on the Edge said...

I understand completely. When I first joined Facebook almost four years ago, I wouldn't use a photo of myself for my profile pic. That's when I came up with the Picasso that I always use as my avatar. Even though I've since posted photos of myself on Fb, I almost never use one for my profile pic. And it always takes a pep talk from me to me before I post a photo of myself on my blog.

Ini said...

LOL.. I completely hear you.

Tami said...

Hey I have to take about a hundred photos to get one that is worthy of letting anyone else see!

Go for it, I bet you look a lot better than you think you do!

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

I think ANY and ALL motivations are good as long as they motivate YOU. I remember a girl in a forum years ago who was super-motivated to make her ex's new girlfriend jealous. That was her only motivation, but it worked for her.

Vanity plays a small part for me - not my main deal, but a nice compliment does me wonders!

Shira said...

If you start thinking of a picture as photographic evidence of how far you've come, it will be easier to take and post the picture. I was talking about this with my friend Rachel, who over the past decade has lost and regained and is now trying to lose the same 60 pounds. When her weight is higher, she hates having her picture taken...but then misses out on capturing some of the best memories of her life to temember.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have found vanity to be a great motivator myself. I hope it works for you.