Thursday, February 18, 2010

AEROBICS FOR THE OLDIES


I have now attended two classes at the gym called CardioFusionRX which is listed as the "gentler on joints" version of the CardioFusion aerobics class. Between the description and the fact that it is held at the retirement (or in my case, unemployment) friendly time of 10:30am, is filled with older ladies.


The instructor is a Latina lady who enthusiastically leads us through samba, rumba and cha-cha moves, entices us to move our hips and add little hops. So far she is the only one hopping, but we gamely try to move our hips and keep up with the footwork. It is a really good workout and a fun alternative to my usual machines.




So, thumbs up on the class.




I usually weigh in on the scale up in on the main workout floor. I am consistent in that I leave my shoes on and I weigh in after my workout. I tried the scale outside the downstairs aerobics room this morning, before the class. It showed another 3 pound loss - but I went upstairs after class to see what the upstairs scale said - nope. Same weight as last weigh in. Consistency is important.

1 comment:

MidLifeMama said...

Congrats on sticking to your routine and seeing the results in losing one size! That is always a great measure of how you are doing. You might replace fat with muscle, so you won't see as big a difference on the scale, but you will see it in how your clothing fits! I have just returned to yoga class after a 2 year hiatus, and know that will help in many good ways to change my body. Keep up the good work!!