Thursday, February 4, 2010

A SMILE ON MY FACE


I left the gym with a smile on my face this morning - down another 5 pounds. That is a surprise considering the work out I gave the peanut butter jar earlier this week!


I have only walked once due to the rain, but I did increase the resistance on my stepper.
I do worry that my family is going to balk at some point when it become very apparent that I am not cooking some old favorite dinners. My "lean and green" dinners are pretty constraining. So far I have been making sides for them that I don't eat, but not making anything fried or any casseroles. More dinner salads with different ingredients in mine than theirs and bread for them.
Last night I made a Taco Salad with shredded lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, green onions, olives, avocado, shredded cheese, ground turkey, black beans, tortilla chips and a salsa dressing. I left off the cheese and chips and had just a bit of olives and avocado on mine. Tom liked it so much he said he wanted to eat it all over again!

1 comment:

Jen on the Edge said...

You are doing so well! Congrats!