Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WORKING THROUGH DIET BOREDOM


I have been going through a few days of boredom with my eating plan. Wanting some variety in tastes and textures. I spent some extra time in the store and looking through cookbooks to see if I could find some new variations for the "lean and green" meal - usually dinner. It is pretty limited.



It also appears that people who have been on the plan for a long time have found the same thing, they stick to simple variations. I have ordered some different products for my meal replacements. I find that being limited to the products which are controlled in portion and calories really helps me. When the time comes, I'll move on to "regular" meals. For now, this is working. I just wish there were more flavors - seems like everything is chocolate!
I have bought some of the sugar free syrups which can be added to the protein shakes and puddings, although, I think the basic flavor extracts work just as well, if not better.
I have also been playing with some new salad dressings. I made a sort of remoulade dressing for a shrimp salad this weekend with some capers, lemon juice, diced shallot, celery and sugar free catsup and low fat mayo.
Trying to keep things interesting!

I lost another 3 pounds so far this week.

No comments: