Monday, February 15, 2010

JUST A WALK ON THE TREADMILL


Tom and I have been starting our weekend with a trip to the gym on Friday evening for a work out which we follow with a dinner out and a stroll around town. It is funny how going out on Friday evening, makes the weekend seem longer, and it has evolved into a date night for us.


Last Friday after dropping Ally at school I automatically went to the gym. It wasn't until I was there that I remembered I would be coming back in the evening - oh well.


So the evening work out I switched it up. Did something new. I got on the treadmill and walked a couple of miles and I played with the incline up and down for some intervals. Afterwards we went out, walked around and my feet were hurting. Went home and watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and my knees were hurting. I took some Advil and got ready for bed and my hips were hurting.


That walk on the treadmill with the incline up and down had me in pain all weekend. Geez. Guess I found something I need to incorporate into my routine - but maybe just a little bit at a time...


At least I lost 2 more pounds.

2 comments:

Walker said...

Ya Mama! I think many are seeing the scale go in a different direction thanks to Valentines Day...

jenn said...

Two more pounds is great! Great job.