Monday, March 15, 2010

FEELING HUNGRY


For the past few days I have been feeling hungry. Nothing has changed, just no longer feeling satisfied by the program I am on. I am going to stick with it, but maybe make some minor modifications to see if it helps.


I am eating 6 "snacks" of about 150 calories and a lean protein and vegetable meal, usually for dinner. All adding up to about 1200 calories per day. The snacks are in the form of shakes, bars, cereal which I eat with a bit of low fat milk, little crunchy things like cheerios (flavored with BBQ or sour cream and onion), puddings and there are other choices which I have tried and not liked or haven't tried from the company. These are high protein, moderate carb foods, fairly natural and nutritionally balanced.



I like that the plan is easy to follow. It offers variety in textures and flavors and although I have to be creative in planning the evening meal so it works for all 3 of us, I can usually modify a recipe and make one meal for a family dinner. Last night I made Chicken Picatta with Pasta and I skipped the pasta.


So I am thinking I may double up some of the snacks. For instance, make a double shake so it is more filling and see if that is more satisfying and lasts longer than an hour or so before I am hungry again.
I am already drinking a lot of hot tea and water already. I feel full after I eat my snack, so sometimes I think I just need to distract myself when I feel like I am hungry. Maybe I am just bored, looking for something to occupy myself.
Time to work up a new To Do List with small, distracting tasks.

No comments: