Monday, March 8, 2010

ONLY A DENT


I have been feeling pretty good about myself. I have stayed on plan, been exercising 6 days a week. The pounds are coming off. My husband actually noticed and mentioned that I have lost weight. So, feeling good!


Then, at the gym Sunday. I caught a rear view of myself in a mirror. OMG. That 35 pounds is really just a tiny dent in what needs to be done here. It may be a third of my initial goal, but, clearly, there is much more work to be done!


So - good work so far...I have 10 weeks until Maggie's graduation. So I want to lose 50 pounds before then. Can I do it?


And then the real question. After that big event, can I keep going? That is the real question. Because that will not be the end goal. I want to lose at least another fifty pounds after that. I have been known in the past to fall off the program after an event. So this time, knowing that about myself, I will have to recommit in a big way.

2 comments:

WaistingTime said...

Good for you! That seems like quite a goal to reach, but clearly your numbers show you are losing pretty darn fast. Maybe you need to plan a trip or party or something in the distance future past graduation to have a new motivator.

Jen on the Edge said...

Think about this long term -- you want to be healthy and fit, right? Now, just take things day by day and don't obsess about the overall number. You'll get to where you need to be.