Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FAMILY DINNER


My brother and his wife and daughters are in town from Boise. They are touring colleges around the Bay Area with their youngest daughter and staying with one of my sisters. We gathered at the home of another sister to have dinner last night. I was telling them about my blog post yesterday - the junk food and addiction study.

All of my siblings are slim. All four of them. I am the only one who "takes after" our dad's side of the family (all of whom are overweight.) So when I was talking about food addiction being like drug or alcohol addiction and saying that I would be better off getting hooked on heroin because I would get skinny and be socially acceptable - they thought I was joking around.


And later when they offered me dessert and I said - "no thanks, remember, I'm an addict" - they laughed and laughed.


They really don't get it.

1 comment:

WaistingTime said...

Seems to me that life-long-skinny people never do! And family dynamics can just make anything complicated.